1. Introduction and General Terms
In order for Mar-Key Group to provide you an efficient and quality service, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- what information Mar-Key Group may collect about you;
- how Mar-Key Group will use information we collect about you;
- when Mar-Key Group may use your details to contact you;
- whether Mar-Key Group will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
As set out above, Mar-Key Group is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK) and The Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive 2003 (EC).
We take the security of any data we process very seriously. Our software is regularly updated, tested, and secured. We have firewalls and secure access policies in place, as well as procedures and training to ensure the data we keep is held secure.
2. What information will Mar-Key Group collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from any Mar-Key Group website, such as online purchases, enquiries, or newsletters, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or company details. Depending on the service we may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Mar-Key Group to provide you with the services you select.
Please note that sometimes on particular webpages we will require you to provide additional personal information, to help us provide a more thorough service, and sometimes when purchasing products, you will enter payment/card information. Mar-Key Group do not retain any card details. All card processing is done through Shopify.
3. How will Mar-Key Group use the information they collect about me?
Mar-Key Group will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- Google Advertising Services as a 3rd party processor will collect data from our website, Google Privacy & Terms can be found at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that Mar-Key Group may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 4 below (e.g. to complete an online order, or reply to enquires);
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, enquiries, any entry on the contact page.
- to personalise the way Mar-Key Group content is presented to you, for example the format we use in our quotes or booking confirmations.
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and to analyse and improve the services offered on Mar-Key Group web sites in order to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
Where Mar-Key Group proposes using your personal information for any other uses including the sharing of information with 3rd party companies, we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent unless we have a legal obligation to continue processing your data.
4. When will Mar-Key Group contact me?
Mar-Key Group may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Mar-Key Group can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence (e.g. enquiries);
- in relation to any orders you have placed on Mar-Key Group websites;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Mar-Key Group services (participation is always voluntary); and for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see paragraph 5 below)
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Mar-Key Group won’t contact you for marketing purposes or promote new services to you unless you specifically agree to be contacted for these purposes.
6. Will Mar-Key Group share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in paragraph 7 below. Generally, we will only use your information within Mar-Key Group. However, sometimes Mar-Key Group requires third parties (manufacturers on direct orders, couriers etc.) to process your information. In these circumstances Mar-key will use Google as a 3rd party processor and that Google will collect data Googles terms and conditions can be found at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites .
Mar-Key Group will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Mar-Key Group will also require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content on Mar-Key Group website
If you submit or post offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to Mar-Key Group websites, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on these sites, Mar-Key Group will use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Mar-Key Group reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be fraudulent or defamatory), then Mar-Key Group may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to Mar-Key Group websites. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9.How long will Mar-Key Group keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Mar-Key Group. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as a Mar-Key Group member, please contact us (using the details at the footer of this notice) and this can be done manually for you. Please note that due to a legal obligation, this will not be possible if there is a live order/contract or agreement with ourselves, it is only once the order/contract or agreement has been completed and our legal obligation has expired, that we may remove your information from our database.
Where you sign up to a Mar-Key Group website we will generally keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. For example, basic information will not be deleted unless requested, thus making it possible for future enquiries, orders and quotations with Mar-Key Group to be completed with greater ease.
10. Can I find out what personal information Mar-Key Group holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Mar-Key Group holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will require you to prove your identity with one of our administration staff. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Please contact us (using the details at the footer of this notice) to request a copy of any information held by Mar-Key Group.
11. What if I am accessing the Mar-Key Group websites outside the UK?
13. Cookies Policy – Information Mar-Key Group collects from you
Mar-Key Group, Throop Road, Throop, Bournemouth, BH8 0DF
Phone: 01202 577111
1. Cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer or electronic device when you access our website. Similar technologies include web beacons, action tags, local shared objects (‘flash cookies’) and single-pixel gifs. Such technologies can be used to track users’ actions and activities, and to store information about them. We use these cookies and/or similar technologies on this website for the following purposes:
2. Information collected
In certain circumstances we may also collect personal information about you but only where you voluntarily provide it (e.g by completing an online form) or where you purchase goods or services from us.
3. Consent for cookies
4. How to turn off cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information on cookies generally visit aboutcookies.org or the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/